What is PARKOUR?

7:10 PM

Parkour (pronounced par-KOOR): An athletic discipline, in which practitioners traverse any environment in the most efficient way possible using their physical abilities, and which commonly involves running, jumping, vaulting, rolling and other similar physical movements.

I hope everyone reading this is a fan of The Office and remembers THIS episode.

Cass has taken up this new hobby. It all started last Friday when we went and experienced EL RIO Theater and watched The Prince of Persia. In the first 10 minutes apparently there was some "parkour" taking place. Cass leans over and asks me if I know what that sport is called... What!?! Sport???? I told him I didn't know, but my first thought was "hardcore parkour!" Michael Scott, Dwitght Shrute, Andy Bernard style, but sport?? I was clueless!

Thursday comes. 9:50 am I receive a text "It's called parkour. The wall climbing sport. I want to start doing it." I was brought to tears because I thought he was kidding and I could not stop laughing.

Today comes.
8:55 am Cass texts "I am going to start parkour training."
8:55 am I text "How do you start training? haha"
8:57 am Cass texts "Find a place with walls then start practicing moves."
10:30 am Cass walks through the front door at work drenched in sweat...

PARKOUR training Day 1 equals SUCCESS





You Might Also Like

3 comments