Hello Hawaii, Goodbye UoP

11:24 AM

MAY 28- This day resulted in the longest flight I have ever taken. First stop L.A., then on to Honolulu, Hawaii. There I would find, in baggage claim, a bird inside the airport among all the visitors to the island. I knew at that moment I was going to love Hawaii.

MAY 29- My fist official day on the island. I wanted to see everything, and I did see a lot. First stop would be the little town on Haleiwa. There I would visit Matsumoto’s and experience so very good shaved ice! 

In the town of Haleiwa, there are a lot of little shops to visit… some are much better than others. For instance, we visited this little “shop” that had painted surfboards in the front yard. There is a family that lives there, 11 kids, and they perform music. We got our own little show- it was so fun!

I had my first experience of swimming in the ocean at Waimea Bay. I was a wimp. As soon as the water went above my neck, I had enough and napped the rest of the time on the beach.

I got to SNORKLE! I loved it! I felt as though I was watching one a Discovery Channel special and I was seeing the ocean floor, but with MY VERY OWN eyes! The water appeared to be very deep, but I would find when standing that is only reached about mid thigh, if that.

Sunsets are beautiful! No words to describe it… I only wished I would have dragged my rear out of bed to watch the sun rise!

MAY 30- I had always imagined having a very different experience at Pearl Harbor than I really did. I don’t know if it was the LONG 2 hour bus ride to get there that got to me, or I was just really not feeling it? It was good, and fun… just not what I ad anticipated.

Swap Meet was fun! Regardless of the blazing heat we had a good time. I bought a few souvenirs, and something for my lovely roommate, and then we were off to Waikiki.

This is proof how bloody hot it was. That is a sweat stain! haha

My bravery was commendable this day. The water was much more clear, and I loved playing in the water! It only took us 2 hours to decide on a place to eat for dinner, and we chose well! We went to this little burger place to find on of the nicest men. He was a “one man show” and did a very good job. The service was great, and who knew that he could make such a tasty burger J

Look how beautiful the ocean is!

MAY 31- Let me take a second and tell you about the people I saw in Hawaii. They are some of the friendliest people I have ever met. From the smelly people on the bus, to the people just walking down the street. Church was no exception. I went to Relief Society to receive a GIFT for being a visitor- a little rag, and a nice poem. After church I was able to go on a hike! It was beautiful! I wish we could have hiked all the way up, but it was getting dark.

JUNE 1- This day we spent almost the entire day at the Polynesian Cultural Center. I loved this place! It was the most money I spent while there, but totally worth it! I fell in love with a Fijian warrior, was fed some great food at a Luau, and was entertained at a fabulous night show. This place comes highly recommended by myself, I didn’t want the day to end!

The Fijian warrior on the right is the man I loved
Cousin Bennie- nicest man I met!

JUNE 2- Back on a plane back home. I was so sad to leave and wanted to stay forever. I fought tears to the airport, as lame as that sounds. It was such a good, carefree week!

JUNE 3- I came back to work, and told me boss I wanted to quit sooner than July 2nd… so Friday June 5th was my last day at University of Phoenix… That was a bitter-sweet day. I was so happy to leave that place, but so sad to leave some people that have been a big part of my life for the last 3 years.  I am of to better things though! I am excited for a new adventure!!!


You Might Also Like