...happy with that

12:17 PM


"Be you. Find you. Be happy with that."


I found this quote on someones blog the other day. I loved it! As I read I started to think about my life and where I am and where I would like to to be. I know that I am not where I would like to be, but I think that is everyone, and I understand that eventually all the peices will fall into place. We are here to learn and to progress and that progression should never stop or become stagnent. I have come to learn, especially recently, that I have masked a lot of my insecurities over the years and they seem to be popping out here and there. Insecurites of not being as in shape as I would like to be, never learning to play sport (you think this is silly, but yes I wish I knew how to play sports), afraid to build relationships with people for fear that it is just a momentary friendship as everyone seems to leave me in the single world alone, my lack of scriptural knowledge, the few pounds I have gained in nursing school, my inate ability to say things that inevidibly hurt someone I care about, and the list could just keep going on. Some of these have been a part of me for years and I get hard on myself and feel like I will never measure up to who the Lord wants me to be.


However, inspite of these insecurties, I am going to try to be easier on myself. I am happy that I know who I am and that I have an understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know the things that are most important in life and the things that bring me the most happiness. So although I may not know how to gracefully catch a ball, I do know that I am a daughter of a Heavenly Father. I know that the gospel and my family are the things that bring me the most happiness in life. I know that my family and others love me regardless of my imperfections. I may not be perfect in my calling, or ALWAYS saying the right things at the right time, but I am constantly improving and becoming a better woman. I am gracefully imperfect, and I am happy with that.

You Might Also Like

0 comments